We are delighted to announce that we have been able to secure significant funding from the Faculty of Social Sciences, the University’s Alumni Grants Scheme and our own annual budget to improve a number of teaching rooms, meeting spaces and shared areas around the School. We hope that improvements will be a welcome upgrade to the facilities available to all our continuing students of the School as well as staff and visitors. This considerable six-figure financial investment will be the biggest since the School moved into Regent Court in 1993.
During Summer 2012 we will be undertaking a works programme to carry out the proposed improvements which will be as follows:
- Creation of a brand new shared common space and new groupwork/interview rooms for all students (UG, PGT, PGR) and staff
- Upgrades to the Professor Tom Wilson Teaching Laboratory
- Creation of a new ‘Digital Media Suite’ in RC-324 for teaching and research
- Creation of a new staff meeting room in RC-231 (currently the PGR/staff common room)
- Creation of a new ‘iLab’ research facility in RC-325 and RC-326